Friday, June 29, 2007

Barbedwire

Surely it must do more than just keep cattle in one pasture. Lately, I think God's been showing me just how we use it emotionally to build fences and divisions between each other. Almost as if to show, well you've hurt me somehow so if I become emotionally prickly, you'll know next time not to get so close. Or maybe if we've been hurt by others, we use it to keep potential new comers from getting too close. I work on a good bit of property and the other day I saw a wild coyote jump right through the barbedwire. I remember thinking, wow! he's done that before because he didn't even flinch or hesitate at the pain the little prick of pointy metal must have inflicted. It was in that moment that I knew even an untamed animal knows to "push off" the discomfort and keep trotting.

No comments: