Saturday, July 7, 2007

Family, Friends, Fun and the 4th

I'm in Pasadena at my Mom's. Enjoying a nice visit with my Mom, friends, and cousin Sharon this time. Sharon turns 44 next week so we (Carol, Robin, Sharon and I and this time Darleen) went out for a celebration dinner last night. Fun fun fun / only in Texas and with this close of friends can we all talk at once and never miss a word! Sometimes, I think I'd like to move back this way but last night as I drove back to Mom's from Carol's house, I realized it would take the urgency out of our get togethers. There would always seemingly be another day, another week end, another errand to run that would probably just get in the way. I look forward to seeing how much their kids have grow or their latest adventures with school, romance, or sports! How I love our times together. Robin cranking up any radio she can find and demanding that everyone sing along to the best song she finds on the dial. Sharon claiming to be a trooper with just a bit of a headache or an achy old bruise from last summer's canoe ride with Carol. Laughing so hard through it all that you almost can't breathe. . . It's good to be with friends who accept you as you are and enjoy all the history you have and the way you remember it!

No comments: