Saturday, July 26, 2008

WilloDean and her unknown wittiness.

If you've followed this blog for awhile, you've seen me mention my aging friend WilloDean Campbell. She is in all honesty my friend's mom. She is 83 and probably in full swing stages of Alzheimer's. I love WDC, and started sometime last year to serve her lunch on the weekends, mainly to give my friend Brenda a break. Brenda has 5 sibs but they all live out of town and she checks on her mom everyday. In addition to being the primary caregiver, her elderly in laws (both 80 and somewhat declining in health) live with she and her husband Tom. I digress. We often sing and pray with WDC. Sometimes we do this for her amusement and sometimes to check how closely she's "tracking" with us. Like any ailment, she has good days and bad days. Today was a good day. Sometimes she doesn't respond to your questions or conversation, sometimes she does. . . .

Again, today was a good day.
I said, "I love you WilloDean."
She said, "When, right now?"
Right now and always WDC, right now and always.
By the way, the bib is more helpful for those of us serving then it is for WDC, she's much "neater" than we are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have many jewels in your crown, Tina.

Haylie said...

You are such a sweet person! May God bless you for helping others as you do!

LeAnne said...

I agree with s00zy66--you are a jewel! Isn't it awesome He loves us ALL the time?!
LeAnne