Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Green grapes and my mom.


Shortly after I was born, I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. A slight case on my right side but it would lead to many early Friday morning appointments to Shriner's. Early Friday morning because that was the day of the week they scheduled all out patient services. All appointments were scheduled at 8:00 AM. They called patients first in / first out. So we were often the earliest people there. My mom, mother of four, up early to take me downtown. We left early and she knew we were in for a long wait. She always took a bag of green grapes. I'm sure at the time it served as a morning snack as well as a way to pass time. To this day, I never see a cluster of green grapes without remembering my mom's selfless love.

2 comments:

Suzy Tyler said...

What a great story about the love of a good mom!

Angie Tieman said...

What a sweet memory, your mom sounds very special.