Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tag ~ I'm it.


My good blogger friend Jen at http://www.allenjeni.blogspot.com/ tagged me yesterday. I love Jen's work, her blog is one of the first I remember seeing and it remains one of my all time favorites today! :) You may have seen a few of these before but they're sort of unusual and I like people to know I'm open for questions if it can help them in any way.

1. I am a breast cancer survivor. It was never life threatening, it was bilateral and has now been almost 5 years ago, praise God.

2. In recent years, I have learned more about patience and contentment from a friend who says very few things that make sense and never remembers my name. My friend WilloDean Campbell has Alzheimer's. She is my friend's mom, and lives in an assisted center near by. I help her with meals on the weekends and though it would seem I'm there to benefit her, she brings joy and contentment with each and every visit.

3. I have a slight case of cerebral palsy on my right side. I was born with it and while it may slow me down, it certainly doesn't stop me from much. My parent's main streamed me and I think it helped tremendously. I grew up with cousins and friends riding bikes, swimming, and chores just like every one else.

4. I am not a perfectionist. I realize from all your beautiful works (((and i do mean beautiful))) most stampers are. I'm just happy to play in the game. If it's crooked or cut wrong, oh well ~ I more than likely still had fun making it.

5. I love the ocean, there is nothing more descriptive to me of God's awesomeness. The vastness of it all overwhelms me. I gladly welcome the salty breeze of the ocean even during and maybe especially on the hottest days of summer.

6. Some of my dearests friends are gals I grew up with and have known all of my life. I find it comforting to "know and be known."

7. I have a "thing" about big purses and reading glasses. I like to have big tote purses whether they're popular or not. I also like to have lots of different reading or sunglasses tucked inside.

If I must tag others, I'll choose some of my local peeps.

Angie= http://www.schwooo.blogspot.com/

Suzy= http://www.inkyrubber.typepad.com/

Haylie= http://www.pforpink.blogspot.com/

Their posts are fabulous and I just know ((tho I don't know them)) they're fascinating.

3 comments:

Jen said...

tina, how fun to learn more about you!! thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers!! being out of the country has been great but at time very challenging..hello, having a baby here..wow!! i appreciate your thoughts! take care!! xoxox

Angie Tieman said...

Thanks for the tag! And no, you're not a bad blogger for not including recipes, lol! They say the shorter the posts the better, people don't like to read too much, but I have trouble with that! lol! I don't even know if anyone reads the recipes, actually, maybe I should take a poll?! hmmmm.....

Haylie said...

awww...thanks for tagging me! I'll play tomorrow...can't wait...I love these things!