Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vitavegamin ~ in small doses! :D

Remember when Lucille Ball talked of feeling pooping and needing a lift about 50 years ago? Don't you think she'd be surprised to find out just what a trail blazer she was with that episode?
I think about the importance of health and wellness and just how lacking I am in that area. I really need to figure out what holds me back and I'm fairly certain I won't be taking drastic movement anytime soon. After all, I haven't thus far.
So than I began to shift to small daily changes in hopes that will spark a little something in me.

Here are my humble beginning steps.
1. I started buying "sugar free" vanilla iced coffee at Mc D's in the AM ~ after all I haven't had ICED coffee since last summer so I can't tell the difference.
2. Instead of buying DP at Sonic, I've switched to iced tea with a heaping helping of fresh strawberries added. It's tasty and those kids at my neighborhood Sonic are VERY generous with the fresh fruit!
When I wouldn't take anything completely "away" I read adding fruit and veggies would be a good choice.
3. I choose dark chocolate. Not that I won't take the other varieties, please refer to number 2, I haven't taken anything completely "away" ~ It's been said diamonds are girl's best friend but please, I know chocolate a lot better than diamonds. tehe. . . . . . .
So that's what I've done so far. Do any of you have small easy steps to add?

2 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

I SO remember that episode. I'm "only" 30. Ouch, that hurts. Just turned 30 this month. But I used to watch reruns all the time. Anyway...Good for you! I do lots of little things. Like drink mainly water and buy Edie's slow churned ice cream. I think that's the name. It's SO GOOD, and way lower in fat.

Dana said...

This is good T. I just thought of one. How about adding an hour of sleep each night?? I don't think you get enough rest...:)