Saturday, February 9, 2008

WilloDean update ~ What a difference a nap makes!


I wish I'd blogged about my experiences with WilloDean for the last several years. It has been amazing, God teaches me so much from a friend who says very few comprehendable things and doesn't ever remember my name. None of that matters. On to today, Brenda is yucky sick. So while she wants to see her mom, it's just not a great idea. So I went to feed her lunch and dinner. When I first got there this morning, she was sort of slumpt over in her chair. Something that Brenda says happens because she suffers from mini strokes or TIA's. When lunch was ready, she ate most of her meal and then her caregiver Peaches, put her down for a nap. When I went back at supper time, she was doing so much better! She was sitting straight up and had already downed almost half her egg salad sandwich. I helped her with her medicine (which she told me looks bad) and it does, chips, yougart, cake, and we always encourage her to drink the water. She tryed to sing a hymm with me, told me she was happy, and on her own, thanked me for coming to help her. She is to me, such an example of God's love in action. What a difference a nap makes.

No comments: