Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekends?

Are they just as busy as weekdays w/out getting paid? HA.
Yesterday I got up with the intention of hitting two soccer games to watch some friends play. I got up plenty early and went to pull my jeans out of the dryer to zip up and out the back door, only to find all my jeans still wet in the washer from the night before. GEEZER / did i dream i dried that load?
Well, at least I got to see one of the two games I intended to watch!

After the game, I called my friend J, whose dad had heart valve replacement earlier this week. Where is he? What can I do for him? I'm ready to help.
She was actually en route - taking him home from the hospital. And yes, I could help by bring some lunch to the house. As we were hanging up, she mention her husband and son weren't home - they were at the Balloon Festival - where her husband annually pilots a balloon. Drat, just remembered, I wanted to watch that lift off this morning and didn't. Anyway, a quick stop at KFC and then J's - we had lunch! She ran to the store - I stayed with her dad and daughter. He slept, we played cards and board games. Fun!

Then I went home and got ready for church. I went to class - currently studying a book called Peace Makers. It's a hard road teaching us whether we're Peace Makers (not I), Peace Breakers (not I), or Peace Fakers. ding ding ding ding! There I am. A person who avoids conflicts / sometimes by shoving it all back at me or just taking what ever is dished out. So now, just another confirmation of who I am - here's the catch. I have to open my heart to allow the Holy Spirit to correct me. Yikes - I know I've had much easier days at work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are such a server/exhorter. What a gift from God to the people in your sphere of influence. And never forget, you DO influence. And just because you have some rough times doesn't negate the positive influence on those around you. Ahhh, the power of influence...what a responsibility. And you do it so well. God knows who can be trusted, and you fit the bill!