Friday, August 17, 2007

A treasure to me.


Last Christmas, I wrote my first and possibly only Christmas letter. In it, was this black and white picture taken of me and my dad in May / 2005, just about a year before he died. The great thing about this picture, besides it is a treasure to me - is it's probably one of the only photos snapped of my dad in the last 10 years. He hated to have his picture taken, especially since his battle with cancer. But that day, I asked and he agreed. The photo is not as it seems, he had a terrible time since the cancer treatment with his jaw and neck muscles. So while there was a smile in his heart, his face did not always reflect the same. Just goes to show you really can't judge a book by it's cover or a heart by a face. I rediscovered this picture today while sorting through old cards.

I dedicate this post to my dad, Bill Bond -June 10, 1932 - May 27, 2006.
May his love shine on in our hearts forever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Dad! For someone who hates having his picture taken and then to agree to it while he was struggling with cancer because you asked him - wow! Says a lot about the kind of relationship you had and how much he must have loved you! Thanks for putting a smile in my heart at the end of a long day with your warm, thoughtful post - and thanks for the beautiful comment on my blog. You and my little girl's smile made my day today!