Thursday, July 19, 2007

A young old friend!


I saw a friend yesterday, I can't say old friend because she's only 7. Her mom - (a single parent) has a busy, unconventional job, so over the course of the last few years I'd been able to spend lots of time with my little friend. We did tons of stuff together! Baked cookies, fed Fritos to catfish, took tons of pictures, went to the movies, arts and crafts, scrap booking, manicures, read stories, weekly jaunts to the Purple Cow after church, and countless trips to Micky D's. Oh yeah, I watched most of her 1st two seasons of soccer. Not having any children of my own, happily her little life filled up a lot of my life and my heart! She's an amazing little girl and such a joy. Due to a rather unfortunate and seemingly permanent difference of opinion with her mom, before yesterday, I had not seen her in over four months. After about three months, I'd been able to choke down the whole "missing her" emotion. Then yesterday, as they came racing in late for their service in church, she bounded towards me with such energy and excitement, I knew she was as happy to see me as I was to see her. She told me about her summer, showed me where she lost 2 of her front teeth, and just how perfectly her step mom Kim, had straightened her normally curly blond hair. I can't say she's an old friend, OR can I? ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how special she was to you, Tina. You were an angel to her and her mom for that short, cherished period in your life. Your little friend will never forget you I am quite sure and who knows what the future may hold..