Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Trends, fads and $3 cupcakes!


I can not believe I never posted about this before because it really amazed me! One of my friends turned 40 a few weeks ago and when asked what she wanted to do to celebrate, this less than girly girl wanted to go to Preston Center for a cupcake. A cupcake she had no less read about in the paper! Wow! So a few friends went to lunch and ventured over to a shopping square only to find a line out the door to pay over $3 for a cupcake. Isn't that a hoot? See my friends standing in line! HA! (Photo taken from my comfy corner bench!) The cup cake store is called Sprinkles and they only sell cupcakes, 22 flavors, 7 days a week, cupcakes! This cupcake rage started in Beverly Hills and we were in their third store. Not third in Dallas, not third in Texas, not third in the good ole' USA, but third in the world! I checked it out, they're planning to open 15 more stores, some of which will be international. Now I ask you, what starts a trend of this magnitude? Bottle water and Starbucks move over - cupcakes are right on your tail! (Yes, they are good cupcakes, but ask yourself, is any cupcake good enough to stand outside on a Dallas summer day and wait in line for?)

No comments: